We do not sell your personal or business information. Ever.
Loot works by offering preferred pricing rates on software geared towards business all within your browser. We don't collect data about what websites you visit to sell to advertisers. We don't want to know about any personal or sensitive websites you go to, and we've designed our software so that we have no way of knowing either.
Simply put, we want to help you save money for your business through software discounts and we do this by taking a fee on the transactions or charging customers directly since the savings are so significant.
So how do we use your data?
So how do we use your data?We track the business software sites you go to so we can present and source the best software deals for your business within the browser. We do this to ensure you’re getting the most value from Loot in terms of savings and in-browser experience, our goal is to optimize your purchase experience to make it more convenient for businesses.
Any information we collect related to product usage such as metrics, and time on site is completely anonymous and is only collected to improve the use of Loot. For example, to help us prioritize products we see what software business sites people are visiting the most to see where we can bring we bring more value to users.
Our perspective on privacy:
We will always be transparent and responsible with what data we collect and how we use it when it comes to businesses buying software tools.
By using Loot, you are agreeing to the collection and use of your information for the purposes of providing you with our product services as described below. We will notify all active accounts of any significant changes to this policy.
At Loot, your privacy is extremely important to us. We will never share your data with third parties or software vendors. We will analyze and store your data for the purpose of improving our product services. We offer our service for free with the intention of helping you make software purchases where we take a convenience fee or charge a subscription to use our product. The details of this policy are outlined below:
1. We will never sell, rent, or otherwise share your personal or business information, with or without personally-identifying information. Furthermore, we will never share anonymized selections of your individual data. That includes any government (foreign or domestic) unless we are compelled by law. If we are required by law to disclose any of the information collected about you, we will attempt to provide you with notice (unless we are prohibited) that a request for your information has been made in order to give you an opportunity to object to the disclosure. We will attempt to provide this notice by email. We will independently object to overly broad requests for access to information about users of our site.
2. We may share information about user behaviour in the aggregate only. For example, we could share information like, "What’s the most purchased product via Loot?" This type of analysis is used to enrich the product, and to represent our domain expertise to our audiences.
3. We won't spam you, ever, either directly or indirectly by sharing your email information. We may occasionally send one-time messages about important Loot news, or occasionally solicit information to improve our product services. We will likely continue to introduce ways that you can optionally have Loot contact you with data that you care about, but you will always be able to turn this on or off.
4. Account settings and usage information will be accessible once logged in to your personal Loot account. Sign-in will be prompted through the Loot Chrome extension or through our website experience if no account is detected. If there is no sign-in prompt, sign-in will also be accessible through the Loot Chrome extension settings page.
Data Collection & Usage
Account creation with Loot is required in order to receive our product services. This requires you to share your email address and other characteristics of your business. We use this information to better inform you of new features and to solicit your product feedback.
Loot collects and stores the following information:
1. We track and show users which deals they visited and most relevant to them by identifying which sites they’ve visited.
2. To track errors specific to certain websites we collect the URL's for the website visited, and issues submitted by users through Loot’s issue submission tool.
3. Users can report issues with Loot deals, we’re able to document this to notice if this is a repetitive problem other users are running into. They can also report issues related to the content that’s surfaced for each deal.
4. We track general product and feature usage, this is used to understand how people are using Loot and helps us improve the product for everyone.
Loot does not collect or store the following:
Keystrokes, form inputs, screenshots, or anything nefarious. In order to provide Loot’s outlined services, all the page body text from a visited URL is sent to our servers for natural language processing and translation of words that match user settings. This page body text IS NEVER STORED. All collected information is sent to our servers over an encrypted (HTTPS) connection. Your Loot account password is also stored in an encrypted format.